Whether you serve the event or equipment segments of rental, you will find new products and services that can help you achieve your goals more efficiently and safely when you stop by the American Rental Association (ARA) Resource Center booths on the trade show floor during The ARA Show™ in Orlando.
ARA will have two booths — Booth No. 3420 in the construction section and Booth No. 3217 in the event section.
The booth in the construction section will be the larger of the two, with interactive features and presentations. You will find the newest educational offerings via RentalU, the latest membership initiatives around workforce development and the new ARA Healthcare Solution. In addition, at this booth you can check out the exciting, interactive and experiential NASCAR simulator.
Speaking of RentalU, the ARA education team has a plethora of offerings to share when you stop at Booth No. 3420:
- Redesigned Certified Event Rental Professional (CERP) program. This 23-course program focuses on front-of-the-house topics: fundamentals of the industry, customer service, sales, tabletop, inventory and marketing.
- ARA driver training programs. This includes the updated Professional Driver Education Program, a three-course interactive program designed to teach equipment rental drivers the importance of safety, reducing risks and defensive driving. This program covers all aspects of equipment rental driving and delivery processes. For event rental professionals with a driving role, there is the Box Truck Training program specifically designed for this segment of the industry.
- A new tent ballasting tool that was created in partnership with the Advanced Textiles Association (ATA) Tent Rental Division. This tool is designed to quickly and easily determine the minimum weight requirement to safely anchor or ballast non-engineered tents.
- New tent ballasting video series. To supplement this tool, ARA has developed an eight-part video series that outlines general information on how to use and safely move concrete tent ballast blocks. It also highlights best safety practices and the importance of using concrete ballasts over water barrels.
- New Mobile Elevating Work Platform (MEWP) operator training for customers. ARA now offers a MEWP Operator Training course that ARA Certified MEWP Trainers (ARA members who have successfully completed the association’s MEWP Train-the-Trainer program) can purchase and use to train their customers. This will allow members to meet the training requirements that satisfy the new American National Standards Institute (ANSI) A92 standards. With this new course, ARA Certified MEWP Trainers will be able to make it easy to meet these requirements and keep their customers safe.
- New Introduction to Rental courses for the event and equipment segments. Each is a six-course certificate program offering a comprehensive segment-specific overview for new employees: an introduction to rental, safety, business profitability, customer service, soft skills and working and learning in the industry.
- ARA Certified Sales & Service training. The Certified Sales program provides knowledge through training courses such as customer service, digital marketing, sales skills and more. The Certified Service program educates users in electrical systems, diesel engines, gas engines, hydraulics and other topics pertinent to maintaining rental equipment.
- ARA Prioritize Safety monthly videos. Available in English and Spanish, these two-minute, animated videos focus on essential safety tips for the rental industry, from personal protective equipment (PPE) and chemical safety to defensive driving. Each video is accompanied by two questions to test the viewer’s knowledge.
Then stop by Booth No. 3217 in the event section to learn more about ARA membership and networking programs.
In addition to learning about all that is new from ARA, stop by to talk with ARA staff and log onto the ARA website to access RentalU and other website resources. It is a great way to see how to maximize all the benefits and resources available to you as a member.