The ARA Show is almost here. Make sure you’re ready!
By Connie Lannan, Steve Campbell and Ashleigh Petersen
In just a few days, it will be time to be Orlando-bound for The ARA Show™. The rental industry’s largest, jam-packed networking, learning and buying show kicks off Saturday with the brand-new rental segment-specific EventsU (formerly Events & Tents) and Future of Equipment Rental. But this is just the beginning. Make sure you experience everything the show offers. See how:
If you haven’t registered already, do it now. Advance registration pricing is available through this Thursday, Feb. 9. After that you will need to register on site in Orlando. Full and Exhibits Only Registration are available. For details, click here.
Remember, if you want to attend Saturday’s new EventsU, EventsU Reception or Future of Equipment Rental, know that you will need to purchase separate tickets for these events.
Plan your time:
There is so much to see and do at the show. Don’t miss a thing by planning your time while in Orlando. Stay up to date on all aspects by using these handy tools:
- The ARA Show app: You can log on and create your personal schedule as well as a list of exhibitors to visit and more. The app also includes Orlando information, maps and a barcode for easy registering, FAQs and more. The ARA Show app is available on the same app as the 2019-2021 shows. It will automatically update with the new information for 2023. If you still see information from a past show when you open that app, tap the “Settings” icon in the top right corner then select “Exit to Show List.” From there, you’ll see the 2023 show in the list. Tap on it and then select “Download” to open this year’s information. If you haven’t downloaded it, the app can be found in the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
- The ARA Show social media: Show updates will be available on social media as well. You can follow and interact with The ARA show via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- The ARA Show Directory: This will be mailed to all Rental Management subscribers with the February 2023 issue. It also will be available on site in Orlando. This directory has the lowdown on all the exhibitors and their products, Show-Only Specials, a show floor map, show schedule, education and event descriptions and more!
- The Hot List: New Products at the Show: This accompanied the January issue of Rental Management and features new exhibitor products. This supplement also will be available in a digital format and on site at the show.
- Rental Pulse and The ARA Show Daily: The weekly e-newsletter from Rental Management features show information every Sunday leading up to the show. The ARA Show Daily will be a special edition sent from the show each morning. It will give attendees and exhibitors the most up-to-date information so they can hit the ground running each day in Orlando.
Take advantage of all the education:
The ARA Show is the place for you and your team to receive comprehensive education on a whole host of business-essential topics. Besides the segment-specific education on Saturday, Sunday is a full day of education, all offered in different tracks: the Learn and Lead Track, the Connect and Collaborate Track, the Empower and Engage Track as well as the Plan and Strategize Track. Expert speakers will address all aspects of your operation. You might even want to split your team up, have them go to different sessions and then debrief at the end of the day to get the most bang for your buck out of this jam-packed educational lineup.
Don’t miss any of the events:
Events are essential aspects of the show that inspire, connect you with peers and honor the best in our industry. Take a look at a quick rundown. Please check ARAshow.org for any tickets or sold-out information.
Sunday, Feb. 12:
- ARA Industry Awards Lunch, from 11:30 a.m. -1 pm. This luncheon allows you to network with peers and honor those who have given so much to the industry, including the inductees to the Rental Hall of Fame, the most prestigious honor in rental.
- ARA Young Professional Network (YPN) Reception, from 6-9 p.m. This is the place for up-and-coming rental industry leaders between the ages of 18 and 40 to network, socialize and learn from each other, all while having a great time cheering on their favorite team and enjoying great food and drinks.
Monday, Feb. 13:
- Keynote Speaker, from 8-9:30 a.m. featuring Daymond John, CEO and founder of FUBU, a global lifestyle brand, star of ABC’s “Shark Tank” and an author of five bestselling books including his New York Times bestselling books, “The Power of Broke” (2016) and “Rise and Grind” (2018). Last year, John celebrated his 13th season on ABC- TV’s critically acclaimed business reality show “Shark Tank.” Don’t miss this inspiring presentation on goal-setting and achievement strategies that will empower your team to make positive changes in every aspect of their lives.
- Welcome Reception, from 5-6:30 p.m. Share drinks, hors d’oeuvres and fellowship, and then each of ARA’s 10 regions will host a reception and honor a leader from that region.
- ARAPAC Reception, from 7-9 p.m. Have a great time while also helping to raise funds for ARA’s political action committee (ARAPAC).
Tuesday, Feb. 14:
- Women in Rental Breakfast, from 7:45-9 a.m. Learn and become empowered after connecting with other women in the industry and hearing keynote speaker Connie Podesta.
- Show Floor Reception, from 3:30-4:30 p.m. Enjoy a complimentary beverage while networking with exhibitors on the show floor.
- ARA Foundation Charity Auction and Reception, from 5-6:30 p.m. This is your chance to receive some great industry items while also helping to support the Foundation’s initiatives, from scholarships and technical training grants to disaster relief, young professional development and more.
- ARA’s Tuesday Night Event at Universal Studios Orlando, from 7:30-10:30 p.m. This event, which has now sold out, will be one of the biggest parties ARA has ever thrown because the association has reserved special areas of Universal’s Islands of Adventure theme park just for you. Featuring themed lands and cutting-edge rides, Islands of Adventure promises excitement around every bend. It’s a universe of action and excitement.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2023 Universal Studios. All rights reserved.
Get ready to make connections and buy on the trade show floor:
The show floor, which opens Monday, Feb. 13, after the Keynote Session, is the place to be. Make face-to-face connections with exhibitors, including the 80 new exhibitors to see what they have to offer, including Show-Only Specials.
While you are on the floor, make sure you stop in at the other booths on the floor, including the two ARA Resource Center booth locations to see all the latest offerings from ARA (learn more in the ARA Resource Center story), the ARA Foundation booth, the ARA Insurance booth and so much more.
The ARA Show is created for you. Make the most of your time there by being fully prepared. Also, don’t forget to pack a pair of comfortable shoes. Your feet will thank you!