Students enrolling at trade schools, community colleges, undergraduate colleges and graduate schools for courses that support a career in the equipment and event rental industry can apply for a share of nearly $134,000 in scholarships through the ARA Foundation and its affiliate partners.
Employees in a rental business and/or a manufacturer/supplier operation, immediate family members (spouse, daughter or son) of the rental business owner and American Rental Association (ARA) student members may apply for:
- ARA Foundation Trade School Scholarships
- ARA Foundation Undergraduate Scholarships
- ARA Foundation Graduate Scholarships
- ARA Foundation ARA Student Member Scholarships
- Affiliate program scholarships
The scholarship offerings for the 2023-2024 school year include the following, which are unique to ARA Region Four:
- ARA of Arkansas scholarships (two $2,500 scholarships)
- ARA of Oklahoma scholarship (one $2,500 scholarship)
- Texas Rental Association scholarships (five $1,500 scholarships)
- Texas Rental Association Bill Loomer Houston Area Rental Association scholarship (one $3,000 scholarship)
“Thank you for picking me for this scholarship. This puts a big hole in my tuition cost,” says Kayla Terrell of Display Concepts Party Rentals, Amarillo, Texas, who received a Texas Rental Association Scholarship worth $1,500 for the 2022-2023 school year.
Terrell, a student at Oklahoma Panhandle State University, Goodwell, Okla., also acknowledges the legacy of the late Fred Dupy, who was president of American Party Rental in Austin, Texas, a longtime supporter of the ARA Foundation scholarship program. “I want to thank the Fred Dupy family for making this happen for me. My deepest condolences to his family and friends. He will be missed,” Terrell says.
In Dupy’s memory, the ARA Foundation Board of Trustees has created the new Fred Dupy Scholarship in the amount of $4,000, which is part of the scholarship offerings for the 2023-2024 school year.
Nearly $134,000 is on the line. Apply here by the March 7 deadline.