Click the image above to download and print the poster.
The forgetting curve:
- Research shows that within one hour, people will have forgotten an average of 50 percent of the information you presented.
- If they have done nothing with that information, didn’t think about it again, read it again, etc., then within 24 hours, they have forgotten an average of 70 percent of new information. Within a week, an average of 90 percent of the information is lost.
Sources: learningguild.com and uwaterloo.ca
5 signs that it is time to refresh:
- Workers are making repetitive mistakes.
- Workers are restarting a task they have not performed in months.
- Recordable incidents are increasing.
- New equipment or technology is introduced.
- A serious safety incident occurs.
Benefits of refresher training
Refresher training for employees can benefit a business in several ways. Some direct advantages include:
- Increased efficiency.
- Reduced mistakes.
- Fostering a culture of continuous learning.
- Creating parity in employee knowledge.
- Promoting excellence.
- Keeping employees safe in the workplace.
- Achieving compliance.
- Helping to identify training needs and skills gaps.
- Increased employee confidence.
- Increased employee retention.
- Increased awareness of new products, trends and marketplace information.