The American Rental Association’s (ARA) Certified Event Rental Professional (CERP) program, the event rental industry’s only professional certification program, has undergone a full redesign.
The program is available to all ARA members that have been employed at an event rental store for at least six months. This in-depth, online program is designed to strengthen event rental operators’ knowledge, expertise, and commitment to the industry and their customers.
The 23-course program focuses on front-of-the-house topics: fundamentals of the industry, customer service, sales, tabletop, inventory and marketing.
The updated program takes a deep dive into all these areas. For instance, in:
- Fundamentals of the Event Rental Industry, there are seven modules that cover everything from an overview of the event rental process and building a successful event rental career to teamwork, collaboration, networking and event rental profitability.
- Customer Service, there are modules that include information on both introductory and advanced customer service skills.
- Sales, there is an introduction to event rental sales module as well as a comprehensive overview of both inside and outside sales.
- Tabletop, there are five different modules that address tables and chairs, linens, tableware, glasses and cups and rental design.
- Inventory, there are comprehensive modules of how to work with and maximize your inventory.
- Marketing, there is an introduction to marketing concepts and then in-depth coverage of digital marketing, consumer behavior and overall marketing in the event rental industry.
In addition to the revamped CERP program, ARA also offers new “Introduction to Event Rental” courses for the event segment. This six-course certificate program offers a comprehensive overview for new employees: an introduction to event rental, safety, business profitability, customer service, soft skills and working and learning in the industry.
Learn more about and enroll in the CERP program, click here.
Introduction to Event Rental courses can be accessed by launching RentalU at ARArental.org/RentalU, then entering “Introduction to Event Rental” in the search bar.
ARA is offering a 20 percent discount off the new CERP program through the end of March 2023. The promo code is CERP2023; members need to enter the promo code upon checkout when purchasing the program in RentalU.