On Jan. 25, the ARA of Canada hosted a Zoom meeting detailing the new partnership between the American Rental Association (ARA) and Westland Insurance Group that offers insurance solutions to members across all Canadian provinces.
Brock Penner, account executive with Westland Insurance Group — an AM Best “A”-rated insurance company — discussed the comprehensive insurance package, which is specifically designed to meet the needs of equipment and event rental businesses. During his presentation, Penner touched on the following coverages:
- Property — Bespoke limits, deductibles and rating for building, stock and equipment while kept on premises.
- General Liability — Up to $5 million per occurrence, up to $5 million aggregate per policy term.
- Contractors Equipment — Coverage for rental and sales inventory at the store, on the road or out to rent; replacement cost coverage offered for the first five model years; comprehensive conversion wordings included.
- Cyber Insurance — Coverage for first and third party claims, including cybercrime (phishing scams, ransomware, EFT [electronic funds transfer] fraud). Industry leading 24/7 incident response coverage.
- Excess Liability — Limits up to $10 million available; provides excess limits over general liability and auto liability.
“Westland Insurance Group has been working hard to ensure that all ARA of Canada members have access to fair insurance coverage. They have been very easy to work with to solve our insurance needs. We saw immediate savings for superior coverage right from the onset and don’t need to wonder if we ‘might’ get a discount at the end of the year. This puts us in control of our own insurance costs,” says Angie Venekamp, ECP-SM, general manager, Rental Network, Squamish, British Columbia, and ARA Region Ten director, who hosted the meeting.
A recording of the Jan. 25 webinar can be viewed for a limited time here.
Click here to learn more about ARA’s Canadian Insurance Solutions. Those who are attending The ARA Show™ in Orlando are invited to stop by Booth No. 3617 to receive more information about the offering.