Those in the equipment and event rental industry looking for a unique educational experience to help elevate their business can find just that during Future of Equipment Rental and EventsU (formerly Events & Tents). These two new education programs will kick off The ARA Show™ 2023 in Orlando on Saturday, Feb. 11.
Future of Equipment Rental
For those on the equipment side of the industry, Future of Equipment Rental will kick off with a networking breakfast followed by the Keynote Session featuring Steve Jones from Dodge Construction Data & Analytics and Dale Asplund from United Rentals. The session will highlight how markets and job sites are changing, and how equipment rental is reacting to those changes — both now and in the future.
A day of learning will follow with education sessions sponsored by ANA; Fame Rental; Geoforce; MCS Rental Software; Point of Rental Software; Quipli; Trackunit; and Western Global. These sessions will feature industry experts who will cover a variety of rental-specific topics, including best practices, technologies and innovative ideas to propel equipment businesses forward.
The sessions will kick off with two panels — one featuring contractors and another with rental companies. Also, a new round of research focusing on what contractors expect from their rental companies will be released. During the afternoon, attendees will be able to choose from the following breakout sessions:
- Rental Operations Breakout Session 1: The Future of the Construction Jobsite and the Impact on Rental
- Rental Fleet Breakout Session 1: Rental Fleet Management Panel
- Rental Operations Breakout Session 2: Future of Rental Operations Panel and Interactive Workshop
- Rental Fleet Breakout Session 2: Rental Fleet Management Panel and Interactive Workshop
Networking with others in the equipment rental industry also will be a highlight for Future of Equipment Rental attendees. The day will include a networking lunch and a Closing Cocktail Reception will be provided.
This full day of learning and networking is designed exclusively for those in event rental. It will all kick off with a Keynote Breakfast — sponsored by Aztec Tents — featuring Ivy Robinson, a nationally recognized event designer, who will present “Creating the Perfect Marriage Between Event Rental Companies and Event Planners.”
Then education sessions will be held throughout the day, giving attendees the opportunity to learn from nationally known experts and industry veterans. Session sponsors include Easy RFID Pro; Seitz, The Fresher Co.; and TopTec Event Tents. These sessions will cover a variety of topics such as:
- Event safety and best practices for tented events
- How to efficiently grow your tent inventory
- Creating efficient lean warehouse operations
- Hands-on tabletop design
- Handling tent inquiries from initial call to actual install
- Improving event rental sales and profitability
- Current and emerging rental trends
Sessions throughout the day will feature panels of industry peers and experts, including:
- Alan Berg, CSP — an event rental expert and international speaker
- Brian Richardson from L & A Tent Rentals
- Bryan Bolt from TopTec Event Tents
- Liz Davis, CERP, from Sunbelt Temporary Structures
- Melani Kodikian, CERP, from A to Z Party Rental
- Mike Holland, CERP, from Chattanooga Tent & Event Solutions
- Alex Kouzmanoff, CERP, from Aztec Tents
- Steve Kemble — an event designer and lifestyle guru
EventsU will include a lunch session “Stump the Event Sales Guru” with Alan Berg — sponsored by B&R Innovations/Block And Roll. EventsU portfolios — sponsored by Choice Party Linens — also will be provided.
Attendees can wrap up the day with the EventsU Reception. This event — sponsored by Central Tent and Palmer Snyder Furniture — will be held on a rooftop terrace outside the convention center and offer a top-of-the-line event rental atmosphere. A separate ticket is required.
Future of Equipment Rental and EventsU are separate programs from The ARA Show and have additional registration fees. Visit ARAshow.org to learn more and to purchase Future of Equipment Rental and EventsU tickets.