Whether you’re a rental operator who deals in equipment that operates underground (trenchers, augers, backhoes, etc.) or in tents that often require driving stakes into the ground, you need to be mindful of the ever-growing infrastructure of underground utilities.
MUST (Managing Underground Safety Training) is an organization that promotes underground facility safety through training efforts. MUST cooperates with Dig Safe®, underground facility owners, private locating companies, municipalities, excavators and regulatory agencies to continually evaluate the New England one-call laws and underground safety best practices.
MUST regularly hosts training events throughout New England to educate operators in areas including:
- Potential hazards of utility damage.
- Damage prevention laws and rules.
- Dig Safe notification with Exactix.
- Working safely around underground electric, gas transmission and distribution and other facilities.
- Pre-marking techniques for proposed excavation sites; what the colors and symbols mean for utility marks.
- Enforcement and regulation by the “Dig Safe” state regulators.
- And more.
Click here to view MUST’s webpage for upcoming training events throughout the region.