During The ARA Show™, members of the equipment and event rental community gathered on Sunday, Feb. 12, to recognize and honor volunteers during the ARA Industry Awards Lunch.
Beth Hoff Blackmer, Aspen Rent-All, Basalt, Colo., kicked off the program by sharing the importance of volunteering and giving back to the industry. She touched on how rewarding it can be and her appreciation for those who give their time to help grow and strengthen the equipment and event rental industry.
The highlight of this event was the induction of Doron Broadfoot, The Rent-It Store, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada, and James “Jim” Ziegler, Rental City, Boulder, Colo., into the Rental Hall of Fame.
Broadfoot — who was unable to attend due to flight issues — has been a member of the rental industry for more than 50 years. His son, Mike Broadfoot accepted the award and spoke on behalf of this father saying, “He asked that I express his sincere gratitude for this award. He looks forward to seeing you all tomorrow.”
James “Jim” Ziegler
Ziegler started his career in the rental industry in 1969 and expressed gratitude to those who encouraged him along the way.
“I’m extremely honored to receive such an important award. I am honestly grateful for the recognition I have received for my life’s work because I’m sure every other nominee for this award was just as capable, if not more, of winning the award. I have faced several challenges on my way here but each one of them has made me the person that I am today,” Ziegler says.
“Winning this award would not have been possible without the inspiration I have received from my family, my colleagues and from whom I’ve derived strength to challenge myself and perform at each stage in my life,” he adds.
During the ARA Industry Awards Lunch, three companies also were awarded the 1976 Club Award. This award recognizes those who have donated more than $5,000 to the ARA Foundation in one year. This year’s award winners were:
- C&T Rentals & Sales, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada (accepted by Kelly Brincheski)
- Event Source, Cleveland (accepted by John Bibbo, CERP)
- The Rent-It Store, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada (accepted by Mike Broadfoot)
The Volunteer Recognition Awards were presented to the following:
- Industry Ambassador Award— Frederick “Fred” Dupy, American Party Rental, Austin, Texas (accepted by Leon Kothmann)
- Exemplary Service Award— Jeff Lignugaris, Northside Tool Rental, Atlanta
- Industry Impact Award— Jody Kerr, Toro, Bloomington, Minn.
- Rising Star Award — Dillon Hughes, Only 1 Rentals, Navasota, Texas
The ARA Industry Awards Lunch was sponsored by Ditch Witch; Perkins Engines; and Trime US.