The partnership between the American Rental Association (ARA) and Westland Insurance Group is live and ready to offer comprehensive insurance solutions to members across all Canadian provinces.
“Shannon [Dinwiddie, senior member support specialist with ARA] told me to give Westland Insurance a try because they specialize in rental companies. I told myself, ‘It can’t hurt to get a quote,’” says Marc-Andre Burelle, owner, Burelle Rentools, Limoges, Ontario, Canada. “The process was really smooth: a quick 15-minute call, they asked a few questions and I received my quote a couple of days after.”
Burelle signed his business on with Westland Insurance Group as of Feb. 1, 2023, and is already seeing the benefits. “I was amazed that I had better coverage for less money. I’m saving approximately $400 a month. I’m very satisfied with Westland; they are very knowledgeable people, and I would recommend them to all rental businesses,” he says.
ARA members like Burelle that participate in the ARA Canadian Insurance Solutions program have access to coverage that is specifically designed to meet the needs of equipment and event rental businesses including:
- Property — Bespoke limits, deductibles and rating for building, stock and equipment while kept on premises.
- General Liability — Up to $5 million per occurrence; up to $5 million aggregate per policy term.
- Contractors Equipment — Coverage for rental and sales inventory at the store, on the road or out to rent; replacement cost coverage offered for the first five model years; comprehensive conversion wordings included.
- Cyber Insurance — Coverage for first- and third-party claims, including cybercrime (phishing scams, ransomware, EFT [electronic funds transfer] fraud). Plus industry leading 24/7 incident response coverage.
- Excess Liability — Limits up to $10 million available; provides excess limits over general liability and auto liability.
All these insurance products are underwritten with an AM Best “A” rated insurance company and are supported by advisors with rental industry experience.
ARA members involved in contractor equipment, tool rentals or event rentals — as well as members that are equipment dealers with a rental operation — will find value in the new Canadian Insurance Solutions program.
Click here for more information about the insurance offerings available through the ARA/Westland Insurance Group partnership. Questions? Call ARA member services at 800-334-2177.