The American Rental Association (ARA) is committed to providing best practices, educational materials and safety information for the event rental industry. As part of this commitment, ARA has officially launched a new Safe Tenting Resources initiative that focuses on providing best practices around tent safety, tent ballasting and tent education.
“Tents are one of the most popular event rentals for spectacular and memorable events. Due to their size and complexity, taking all precautions is paramount when it comes to the safe installation and execution of tent rentals. ARA’s new Safe Tenting Resources, and specifically the Tent Ballasting Tool, sets a clear standard of how rental companies should be safely installing non-engineered tents for their customers,” says James Auerbach, ARA vice president, event segment.
ARA’s new Safe Tenting Resources include:
- A customizable Tent Ballasting Tool for non-engineered tents. The new Tent Ballasting Tool was created in partnership with the Advanced Textiles Association (ATA) Tent Rental Division.
- A new eight-part video series in RentalU highlighting the use of Block and Roll tent ballasting technology and other safe tenting practices.
- An updated Emergency Evacuation Plan for Tented Events (2023).
- Fire extinguisher safety training.
- A Safe Tenting Resources webpage with downloadable Tent Ballasting Charts.
- A Safe Tenting webinar (March 2023).
Click here to learn more about these tenting resources that can help you make the safety of your staff and customers a priority.
Those attending The ARA Show™ in Orlando are invited to stop at ARA Resource Center No. 3420 (in the construction section), where ARA’s Education department will host presentations on programs available to ARA members.